Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Three girls

So we found out a few weeks ago that our third baby is going to be another girl! At first we were slightly disappointed at the thought that we probably won't ever have a boy (we've always said just three), but the idea of three girls is very exciting to us. My mom has three sisters and a brother and she and her sisters have always been very close. I am praying for that kind of relationship for my girls.



Abigail really wanted a baby brother, and still asks us from time to time why she's getting another sister instead of a brother, but overall she's really excited about the baby coming. She keeps asking me how much more my tummy has to grow before the baby can come. She also has no shortage of invented names for the yet unnamed sibling (I know, it takes us forever to decide!) Tops on Abigail's list are Kaylor, Ami (pronounced "am-" like ham "ee"), and Geeter. Yes, Geeter. I think if we ever get a dog, I'll let her name it Geeter, but I'm not really one of those people who thinks it's a good idea to let their four-year-old name their new sister.


I am getting big and summer is looming. Never having been pregnant during the summer, and only hearing friends' stories of having to soak their feet in ice water at the end of a hot August day to cool off, I'm really relishing the idea. Tania and I were talking the other day, and as much as I'm looking forward to this baby, pregnancy has really lost its novelty for me. Especially the mood swings. . .

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yay!! I'm just now finding out that you're having another baby... I'm so excited for you guys!! That's awesome. I'm so glad I'm able to keep in touch with you through the blogs. Keep em coming. I miss you guys. :-)