Thursday, October 13, 2005

Going to Ireland

Tomorrow I'm flying off to Portaferry, Northern Ireland where I'll get to spend the weekend with my good friend Belén from Santiago. She worked at Terra Nova until she got a six month internship in marine biology in Portaferry. When she was in Santiago she was my swimming buddy and we had a lot of laughs together. So I'm really hoping this weekend that we can catch up a bit and have a great time hanging out.


Map of Portaferry, County Down GB


I get back in on Monday. While I am so excited about my trip, I am also a bit nervous. I haven't traveled alone since college and while I usually take care of the details when our family travels, this time I won't have any backup. I think I'm most nervous about being away from the girls. Yes, I know it's only three nights, but it still feels like a lot. I know they'll be fine with Matt and that I'll be fine once I'm moving. It also doesn't help that I've been battling a cold all week. Anyway, next time I post hopefully I'll have some gorgeous pictures to share.

No comments: