Monday, February 28, 2005

Today my skin smells like chlorine

Today my skin smells like chlorine.


I love it.


Yesterday I got to go to the pool with my friend Belén. I haven't been to a pool to swim laps since I was big and pregnant with Abigail three years ago. I didn't realize how much I had missed it.


Even though I am not in swimming shape I still had a blast. After only 150 meters, I had to stop for a break b/c my lungs were heaving. This from a girl who swam about 5000 meters every day in college. Wow. Good thing coach wasn't there to see...


Anyway after a bit, I got into a groove and it was magnificent. The pool is a place where I can just move and get my body going and my mind can just wander. While my body is working and the endorphins are pumping, my mind relaxes. The pool has always been a place of much prayer for me. I get so many of my thoughts sorted out while I'm going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. I know it sounds tremendously boring, but it is so far from it! If I'm frazzled and stressed and at my wit's end, swimming helps me so much. I think I decided yesterday that it won't be another three years before I go back.

No comments: